Each of the AES surveys contains questions relating to the role of:
- Media and Media Exposure
- General Political Interest and Knowledge
- Perceptions of the Election Campaign
- Party Identification and Prior Voting History
- Parents' and Partner Partisanship
- Vote in the Election and Explanations for it
- Party Images
- Perceptions of the Major Party Leaders and the Content of their Public Images
- Election Issues
- Social Policy Issues
- Socio-demographic Measures
The Australian Election Study survey is directed by Professor Ian McAllister (Australian National University), Dr Juliet Pietsch (Australian National University), Professor Clive Bean (Queensland University of Technology) and Professor Rachel Gibson (University of Leicester).
Trends in Australian Political Opinion
The new 2010 Trends in Australian Political Opinion report is now available in the publications section.
The Australian Voter: 50 Years of Change
Australia has seen profound changes in politics over the past half century. A new book 'The Australian Voter: 50 Years of Change' by Professor Ian McAllister charts these changes from the perspective of the ordinary voter, using the Australian Election Study.